The Community Health Nurses' Initiatives Group (CHNIG), an interest group of the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO), has its mission to act as the voice of Community Health Nurses influencing the health care system and health and social policy in areas which affect the work of Community Health Nurses and the public we serve.
What it means to be part of
The Community Health Nurses' Initiatives Group
IN THE NEWS
- Aug 19, 2014 Nursing Students: Opportunity to join the CHNIG BOD...More
- Aug 18, 2014 Public Health Agency of Canada Skills Online Fall...More
- Jul 16, 2014 Join and/or Renew your Membership with OPHA today!More
- Jun 21, 2014 Compassionate Care NOT Cuts for RefugeesMore
- Jun 19, 2014 Addressing Substance Use WorkshopMore
- Jun 5, 2014 Interdisciplinary Viral Hepatitis Education WorkshopMore
- Jun 5, 2014 NEW! Breastfeeding Resource for Community-Based ProgramsMore
- May 30, 2014 Calling all school-based PHNs and CHNsMore
- May 20, 2014 2014 CHNIG AGM and Award WinnersMore
- May 15, 2014 Health Promotion Monthly Seminar Series: Policy and Practice...More
Jan 12, 2015
New Skills Online course - Health Literacy... More
Title: New Skills Online course - Health Literacy
Start: Jan 12, 2015 09:00 AM
End: Jan 12, 2015 05:00 PM
Health literacy - the necessary skills to make informed decisions about health - empowers individuals and communities to take action for their health.
Health Literacy for Public Health Practitioners. This new course will help you:
- increase your knowledge and skills in breaking down barriers to health literacy
- apply knowledge, skills and competencies to integrate health literacy in your practice
- attain public health core competencies in the areas of Communication and Leadership.
To register and see full descriptions of all the modules, please visit www.skillsonline.ca.
Feb 6, 2015
Community Health Nurses' Initiative Group Board of... More
Title: Community Health Nurses' Initiative Group Board of Directors Meeting
Start: Feb 6, 2015 07:00 AM
End: Feb 7, 2015 03:30 PM
Friday February 6, 2015, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday, February 7, 2015, 8:00am to 3:30pm
Please note that CHNIG members are welcome to attend BOD meetings. Please email Secretary@CHNIG.org to confirm your attendance.
Mar 1, 2015
Nurse Executive Leadership Academy - 4th Annual... More
Title: Nurse Executive Leadership Academy - 4th Annual
Start: Mar 1, 2015 09:00 AM
End: Mar 4, 2015 05:00 PM
We are thrilled to share with you the program for our upcoming Nurse Executive Leadership Academy 2015 (NELA 2015), to be held at White Oaks Conference Centre, Niagara on the Lake, March 1-4, 2015. As in previous years you will join a select group of nurse at this must attend event, and experience opportunities to:
Book the dates and join those who have already registered - Early bird registration ends on December 29th.
- Learn from and with your colleagues, as well as other exceptional faculty;
- Plan strategy for cross sector integration and quality care;
- Contribute nursing intelligence to better inform health system transformation and
- Infuse your leadership with authenticity, evidence, passion, and courage.
- Jan 12, 2015 New Skills Online course - Health Literacy... More