The Community Health Nurses' Initiatives Group (CHNIG), an interest group of the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO), has its mission to act as the voice of Community Health Nurses influencing the health care system and health and social policy in areas which affect the work of Community Health Nurses and the public we serve.
What it means to be part of
The Community Health Nurses' Initiatives Group
IN THE NEWS
- Dec 6, 2014 Skills Online - Winter 2015More
- Aug 19, 2014 Nursing Students: Opportunity to join the CHNIG BOD...More
- Aug 18, 2014 Public Health Agency of Canada Skills Online Fall...More
- Jul 16, 2014 Join and/or Renew your Membership with OPHA today!More
- Jun 21, 2014 Compassionate Care NOT Cuts for RefugeesMore
- Jun 19, 2014 Addressing Substance Use WorkshopMore
- Jun 5, 2014 Interdisciplinary Viral Hepatitis Education WorkshopMore
- Jun 5, 2014 NEW! Breastfeeding Resource for Community-Based ProgramsMore
- May 30, 2014 Calling all school-based PHNs and CHNsMore
- May 20, 2014 2014 CHNIG AGM and Award WinnersMore
Feb 3, 2015
RNAO Special Webcast | Dialogue on End... More
Title: RNAO Special Webcast | Dialogue on End of Life Care
Start: Feb 3, 2015 02:30 PM
End: Feb 3, 2015 04:00 PM
Dear RNAO Members:
In October 2014, we held a productive discussion following from RNAO’s resolution, which was passed at our 2014 Annual General Meeting, calling for a formal public dialogue on end of life issues and dying with dignity. The ruling on euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide will soon be due for decision by the Supreme Court of Canada. To resume our dialogue, we are pleased to invite you to another virtual consultation with RNAO’s President Dr. Vanessa Burkoski and Chief Executive Officer Dr. Doris Grinspun, regarding issues and opportunities impacting end of life care.
For your information, you may access the first archived discussion.
Dr. Vanessa Burkoski, President of RNAO
Dr. Doris Grinspun, CEO of RNAO
Tuesday, February 3rd at 2:30-4:00PM (EST)
WebEx and Teleconference (access to a computer with an internet connection and a telephone are required)
The objectives of the session are to identify:
- key issues impacting the delivery of end of life care;
- key opportunities in optimizing end of life care; and
- how nurses and the public can be engaged to explore these issues through a broader dialogue.
Please confirm your attendance by registering here.
Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email message that contains detailed information about joining the event.
Prior to the webinar, we would encourage you to ensure your computer system is up-to-date and compatible with WebEx by testing it here: http://www.webex.com/test-meeting.html
If you have any inquiries or issues, please contact Josephine Mo, Executive Assistant to the CEO.
Feb 6, 2015
Community Health Nurses' Initiative Group Board of... More
Title: Community Health Nurses' Initiative Group Board of Directors Meeting
Start: Feb 6, 2015 07:00 AM
End: Feb 7, 2015 03:30 PM
Friday February 6, 2015, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday, February 7, 2015, 8:00am to 3:30pm
Please note that CHNIG members are welcome to attend BOD meetings. Please email Secretary@CHNIG.org to confirm your attendance.
Mar 1, 2015
Nurse Executive Leadership Academy - 4th Annual... More
Title: Nurse Executive Leadership Academy - 4th Annual
Start: Mar 1, 2015 09:00 AM
End: Mar 4, 2015 05:00 PM
We are thrilled to share with you the program for our upcoming Nurse Executive Leadership Academy 2015 (NELA 2015), to be held at White Oaks Conference Centre, Niagara on the Lake, March 1-4, 2015. As in previous years you will join a select group of nurse at this must attend event, and experience opportunities to:
Book the dates and join those who have already registered - Early bird registration ends on December 29th.
- Learn from and with your colleagues, as well as other exceptional faculty;
- Plan strategy for cross sector integration and quality care;
- Contribute nursing intelligence to better inform health system transformation and
- Infuse your leadership with authenticity, evidence, passion, and courage.
- Feb 3, 2015 RNAO Special Webcast | Dialogue on End... More