Community Health Nurses' Initiatives Group of Ontario
The Community Health Nurses' Initiatives Group, an interest group of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, has as its mission to act as the voice of community Health Nurses influencing the health care system, and health and social policy in areas which affect the work of Community Health Nurses and the public we serve.
Definition & Vision of Community
Health Nurse Practice in Ontario
Our Goals include:
- To influence health and social policy, taking into consideration the social determinants of health.
- To build capacity in Community Health Nurses.
- To strengthen the profile of CHNs and articulate the significance of their practice.
- To promote, engage and maximize membership in CHNIG.
- To promote engage and maximize student involvement in community health nursing and CHNIG.