22 Aug 5th Annual Forum on Patient Experience
Improve Outcomes, Quality of Care, and Transform your Patient Experience!
The 5th Annual National Forum on Patient Experience is the only event dedicated to patients and professionals from across the country in coming together to address important issues in patient-and- family-centred- care.
In the wake of the Patients First Act and medical-assistance in dying (MAID), funding cutbacks across the board, and new Accreditation standards, it is now more important than ever for you to put your patients at the centre of your care.
Discover where PFCC is heading on a national level, and what your organization needs to do to improve:
- ROI in PX: Demonstrate the value of PFCC to leadership and staff;
- MAID Legislation: Effectively communicate and maintain trust;
- Patients First Act: Gain insight directly from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care;
- Staff Experience: Ingrain PFCC through staff engagement and education
- Home and Community Care: Engage with hard-to- reach patients
Come together with leading healthcare experts at Canada’s first and longest-running conference on patient experience!
Date: Tuesday September 26 th & Wednesday September 27 th , 2017
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, 970 Dixon Rd, Etobicoke, ON
- Nancy Naylor, Associate Deputy Minister, Delivery and Implementation, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
- Neil Churchill, Director for Patient Experience, NHS England
- Sholom Glouberman, Philosopher in Residence, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
- Patricia Sullivan-Taylor, Executive Lead, Policy and Partner Engagement, Health Standards Organization and Accreditation Canada
- Andreas Laupacis, Executive Director of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St. Michael’s Hospital