11 Feb OPHA Quality Improvement Lean Sigma Certification Workshops
The new Ontario Public Health Standards will require organizations to ensure a culture of quality and continuous organizational self-improvement. Designed specifically for public and community health, the Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA) and Leading Edge Group Lean Sigma Workshops will allow you to strengthen continuous quality improvement and leadership skills to achieve positive change through learning how to integrate Lean and Six Sigma as part of a quality improvement framework.
Don’t miss Lean Sigma White and Yellow Belt quality improvement certification workshops!
Concepts and new knowledge will be illustrated with relevant health examples. You will:
- Gain a strong understanding of how to foster a culture of quality within your organizations.
- Learn quality improvement methodologies and tools that you can apply in your practice.
- Learn from experts currently working with public health units across Ontario. The Leading Edge Group has an impeccable track record for providing both rural and urban public health organizations with continuous improvement support to achieve improvements and implement sustainable positive change.
- Receive an internationally-recognized certificate in Lean Sigma for Public and Community Health.
4 workshops are being offered: White (introductory), Yellow (level ll), Green (level III), and Black (level IV).
White Belt Workshop
February 28, 2018, Toronto or April 18, 2018, Ottawa
- In this introductory workshop, you will gain an understanding of the Lean and Six Sigma quality improvement methodologies and their relevance across public and community health. In doing so, you will be able to distinguish between value-added and the unnecessary, and identify those Lean Sigma tools that can be applied to achieve sustainable improvement. Learn more here.
Yellow Belt Workshop
March 1, 2018, Toronto or April 19, 2018, Ottawa
- Building upon concepts learned in the White Belt workshop, you will gain an understanding of the purpose and application of Lean Sigma in public and community health as well as a basic proficiency in applying effective data gathering, the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) framework and relevant Lean and Six Sigma tools. Learn more here.
Green Belt Workshop
June 12-14, 2018, Toronto
- This workshop builds on your White and Yellow Belt training to help you gain further expertise in applying key Lean, Six Sigma and change management tools and practices to lead a quality improvement project. As part of the program assessment, you will facilitate an expert-guided ‘action project’ within your workplace, thereby ensuring immediate practical application and return on investment. Learn more here.
Black Belt Workshop
November, 2018, Toronto
- More info coming soon!