26 Feb [RNAO Webinar] Let’s Talk about Anti-Black Racism and Discrimination in Nursing
You are invited to the RNAO’s Black Nurses Task Force monthly webinar, Let’s Talk about Anti-Black Racism and Discrimination in Nursing, on March 15th, 2021 at 6:30PM to 8:00PM (ET).
Topic: Impacts of racism on the mental health of Black nurses
- generate awareness of the emotional toll overt and covert racism can have on Black nurses and nursing students;
- explore how systemic anti-Black racism and discrimination affects the mental health and wellbeing of Black people;
- discuss the ways in which Black nurses’ experiences of racism impacts their educational and career trajectories;
- identify strategies to address, cope with and build resilience against racial microaggressions; and
- review opportunities for advocacy related to increasing mental health supports and services within academic institutions and workplaces of Black nurses.
- Dr. Oluremi Adewale, RN, BScN, MScN, EdD, President, CEO and Founder of Women Focus Canada Inc. and Mental Health Consultant
You can learn more and register here.