16 Feb Sken:nen, Mino-Bimaadziwin: Understanding Wellness in Indigenous Wisdom Traditions for Caregivers Webinar
You are invited to join the Sken:nen, Mino-Bimaadziwin: Understanding Wellness in Indigenous Wisdom Traditions for Caregivers webinar on March 2nd, 2021 at 7:00PM to 9:00PM (ET). This webinar is in partnership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO), Nishnawbe Aski Nation (NAN), Chiefs of Ontario (COO), the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), Shkaabe Makwa and the Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association (CINA).
During this presentation, participants will:
- share the importance of language and what your language says about being well;
- discuss how your culture helps maintain being well;
- discuss the vision of a healthy community/healthy peoples; and
- discuss the importance of the caregiver role and how much they are appreciated and valued by communities.
- Theresa Redsky Fiddler (Elder)
- Ka’nahsohon Kevin Deer (Elder)
- Perry McLeod-Shabogesic (Elder)
- Mary Deleary (Elder)
Target audience: registered nurses, nurse practitioners, registered practical nurses and nursing students across care settings, primary care providers, public health and health promotion professionals, allied health-care providers and policy makers.
Note: this webinar will focus on nurses and health-care providers supporting First Nations communities and organizations; however all are welcome to attend.
Click here for full bios.